Top Teens of America
Top Teens of America (TTA) Trenton Chapter provides all teens regardless of their ethnic or socio-economic status, the opportunity to receive extra-curricular support, career and character development training, along with key community volunteer opportunities. There are currently 108 TTA chapters with over 5,000 Top Teens located throughout the United States making a difference in the community in which they live. Visit this link to read our story: The TTA Story
THE PURPOSE OF THE TTA PROGRAM
- To train Top Teens in eight specific areas M.O.M.E.N.T.U.M. (Mission, Ownership, Mental Toughness, Empowerment, Networking, Teamwork, Unity, and Mentoring) leading tp positive and assured TTA members.
- To encourage high academic standards and develop social graces, leadership and fellowship abilities.
- To implement activities to raise awareness for senior citizens, status of women, keeping our community beautiful and human suffering caused by homelessness and to provide value to community.
- To implement activities to raise awareness of the negative words used to describe African American youth and women and encourage appreciation for ethic and cultural heritage.
- To work collaboratively with other organizations through community partnerships to reach mutual goals to include fulfilling the requirements of the March of Dimes and the TLOD Partnership and Promote Healthy Choices.
- To train Teens to present workshops or one-0n-one presentations to help them and their peers to make decisions in their lives by developing pride in self, home and community.